Sunday, October 18, 2009

Addicted to Cross

Cyclocross season is in full swing and I am loving every minute of it. I have raced every weekend for the past month and one of my observations is that the Cat. 1/2/3 race is totally different from the 3/4s. So far I have gotten a few top tens including a 10th place at Herman Under the Lights. Herman is by far my favorite race this season, and I hope to have more performances like that night.

Today was the Boulevard Cyclocross race at Wyandotte County Park. Unlike the last two weeks the weather today was awesome. It was in the low 60s but compared to the last few cross weekends it felt like a heat wave. It was a fast start and the race broke into a few groups pretty quickly. Joe Schmalz is riding very well and won todays race. KCCX/Verge had a very good ride and placed 3 in the top 5. I ended up 9th today and I hope to have another good ride next weekend in KY.

I will update again after next weekends race,

Alex

No comments: