Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cyclocross Nationals

Cross nats went very well for me this year. I felt like I was on pretty good form leading up to the race. With snow that had melted on the course, everything started to get very muddy which for me, the muddier the better. I felt really good the morning of the race while warming up and was very happy and surprised to see Clarice and Brandon (girlfriend and good friend) at the race. My third row starting spot for the race was a good position to be in. The race started and it was a very fast start with everyone trying to stay upright after hitting the first muddy turn. It was a very fun race however very difficult to ride some of the offcamber turns. I had several people working the pit for me so I was able to get a new clean bike every lap. I finished the race to find Brian Harrdy waiting just after the finish line with my jacket, an awesome thing to see after finishing the race. I ended up 20th place which I was very thrilled about because the field this year was incredibly fast. Chris Wallace got 5th place so that was a great ride for him especialy because he left Friday for Europe. With Nationals over it is very nice to have a few weeks to rest before starting all over again next spring.


Thanks to everybody that helped me out at Nationals,

Alex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it should have said. "(good friend and boyfriend)"
:DD
lol